Definition

Shelly·Things

[Shel-ee. Things]
–noun
1. Wild, Ambitious, Determined, Half-Baked, Passionate & Adventurous, THINGS!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Shelly Thing #73

Today, Today... what a day.  11 Years ago today I experienced one of the most traumatic things to ever happen to a young girl... Well one of the most traumatic things to happen to My Family and I.  I can remember that day like it was yesterday.  So many things going on around us.  I remember waking up at my Aunt Noreen's house... The hospital called my mom early that morning. 

Little did we know the night prior was the last time I would ever get to speak to my Dad...  

Sitting in the room, Listening to the mumbles of Silent Prayers from friends and family.  

With all 4 of us holding him, My father Passed away...

My Rock, My Daddy... the figure that I thought would be there for every move in my Future, Was gone.

My Heart Shattered to a million pieces.

It wasn't easy, I still isn't.  I does get better, I promise.  All the times I wish I could have my dad with us. He was taken way too early and I'd do anything to see him again.  Talk to him, Have him meet his grand kids.  Having experiencing something such as this, made me realize all the things in life we take for granted.  Life is short.  Shorter then we all perceive.  Don't forget to tell the ones you Love how you truly feel about them.  I wish I could take back all the times I went out and spend all of those times with my dad... but everything happens for a reason.  I wish I could make a pot of coffee and share it with him.  I wish for a lot of things...  Grab the people you care about and tell them today... You never know, tomorrow they might not be there. 

Today I cheers to the Memories...  Reflect and Remember.

I love you Daddy and Miss you more then anything in this world.  


No comments:

Post a Comment