Definition

Shelly·Things

[Shel-ee. Things]
–noun
1. Wild, Ambitious, Determined, Half-Baked, Passionate & Adventurous, THINGS!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Shelly Thing #63

Growing up I remember all the times I wondered, "How did they do that?" then it would be followed by me trying to touch it...

     Gotta get all into it, ya know?  They say that kids touch everything, but I REALLY touched EVERYTHING!  I would circle around, find the most random thing in the place and then plot my way into laying one finger on it.  I may not have picked it up but you bet your ass I placed a finger tip on it... you needed to know how it felt if you were eventually going to try to make it functional, right?? yes... (this is me validating my nosiness) So when I am placed in any situation now a days I get the general feeling that I am going to do it on my own.  I need to usually see things once (maybe twice) and then I can do it from there on out.  So when I do something I always wondered "how the hell??" it's a pretty sweet feeling.  I am very appreciative of all my talents and my independence on making things "happen" but sometimes people say I do to much and then there are others that love everything I do.  This stems back to the saying, "You want it done right? Then DO IT YOURSELF!  I take that route most of the time, except a couple things here and there... I am not below changing my own oil, patching a hole in the wall or even doing the "mans" job. (I bet you I can do better)  ... not tooting, just stating ;)  but I enjoy learning new things and I most definitely enjoy the Satisfaction is brings.  So, most of my friends know the places I excel the most in, well Cooking is one of them.  I have recently discovered a new LOVE for Homemade pasta.... I got over my first experience, which was a definite fun one, but it was straight forward.  Cut Spaghetti... Still really cool though. lol I did a Spaghetti Dance when that first came out... (I dance at everything I accomplish, it's a Shelly Thing)  Yesterday I went home early from work and since I cannot sit still for the life of me, I decided to make Tortellini! Not something the average bear would make for dinner. It's way easier to just make your own sauce and boil some frozen ones but whats the fun in that?? I claim every time I make something new that it's the "Coolest thing I have EVER Made" but this was one of those moments... Now I KNOW HOW THE HELL THEY DID THAT!" It's a butt load of steps but I of course put my dinner guests to work and they enjoyed every last minute (I hope) but they were rewarded with a delightful (fat) meal :)  as I slowly sheeted out and cut circles to fill, I made small talk with my guests and asked "Who doesn't like pasta filled with cheese?"... Who doesn't?  it's a perfect comfort food and it's actually really cool to see come together.  I am happy with everything that I do in Life, and I have to say that this task, really Impressed me... It's like creating something that you thought only a machine could do, but knew in the back of your head, there is some Italian grandmother could do better but yet she's the originator.  Well, I am a grandmother at heart and I won't stop till I can please my guests.  I told you, I am passionate in everything that I do.  Even if it's just my "bounce".  I wonder what the next creation will be, cause nothing will stop me... Any Suggestions?  

Home Made Sauce too ;)

I made that... isn't it cool?? lol

All the Kiddies in the Pool now...
I hope you all enjoy my journey in the Kitchen... it doesn't get any better then this!

2 comments: