Definition

Shelly·Things

[Shel-ee. Things]
–noun
1. Wild, Ambitious, Determined, Half-Baked, Passionate & Adventurous, THINGS!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Shelly-Thing #75






My heart goes thump… 
It was fulfilled temporarily then it came to a screeching halt.    
I grabbed the mirror because I was sure it was me.   
How could this be?   
Am I doomed for eternity? 
A knock to the heart, a punch to the gut and she tried to rip out my one last chance at luck.   
Luck to find someone very true, the one I thought I could pursue.   
I don’t know what to do…   
 My thoughts are doing jumping jacks, my heart is sustaining a crack...   
I just want my sense of stability back.  
 Back before I was scorned, torn and born.   
Back to innocence, back to reality, I can’t believe this is still happening to me. 
 I thought he liked me…  
 This makes me want to crawl into a ball, not stand tall and maybe possibly become the wall
 only built so strong it won’t fall.   
I try hard to be steel and not let them peel, each layer away but it’s just unreal… 
 I am just a girl… 
with my heart on my sleeve
Why can’t I just find one that will let it be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment